Welcome to FATMANRUNNING

Feel free to comment on my posts

Friday, February 7, 2014

It's been a long time since I have updated this blog.  I have decided to be better about posting.  A lot has happened over the past 2 years.  I am still running, still keeping the weight off and still trying to improve.

Our family has also grown.  My son Dane and his wife Stephanie had a son born January 26, 2012.  His name is Bracken and he celebrated his second birthday this year.  My daughter Sage married a nice young man name Pierce Robertson and my daughter Zoie and her boyfriend Chuck had a little boy born in May of 2013.  Dane and Stephanie have also recently told us they are having another baby in May of 2014.  It will be another boy!

In 2013 I ran the Saint George Marathon again along with Snow Canyon Half  Marathon, Cedar Canyon Half Marathon,  Dogtown Half Marathon, Expedition Saint George Relay and Red Rock Relay-Dixie and countless 5Ks and 10Ks.  I've found that I need a motivator.  If I pay the entry fee for a race, it seems to make me more motivated to train.

My mom passed away on July 2, 2013 of lung cancer.  I found a lot of solace in my running during that time. I also devoted my Saint George Marathon in her honor.  I even had a custom shirt made for it.  I still miss her but I have had some special spiritual experiences as well which have convinced me she is still around and looking over us.

In 2013 I also started wearing a new brand of shoes (new for me.)  They are called Altra and the shoe model is Torin.  They are "zero Drop" shoes which means the sole is all the same width rather than the more common "wedge" found on most running shoes.  I can't believe the difference it made in my running and recovery.  My knees don't hurt, I don't get shin splints and I just feel better after a run.

I will try and update this blog more often and I plan on sharing running experiences and tips as I come across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment